Our Client is looking for a design-focused Program Manager to help their team increase the operational excellence. They aim to continuously improve the way they communicate and work within Design, and with the rest of the organization. From team goal-setting, to on-boarding, to program development for design workshops and communications: this role will have a significant impact on the Design’s effectiveness.
Their Design team serves a vital role at the company, from creating the vision for new features, to executing the craft and finish of every detail in the product. They appreciate designers and writers who think deeply, speak clearly, and embrace collaboration and feedback.
- Drive goal setting and design team OKR process, from creation to tracking to readouts
- Create and manage a pipeline for reviewing in-flight work with design leadership
- Own planning and execution for team communications, design all-hands, the design blog, and design sprints and workshops
- Assist in headcount planning, team budgeting and software and tools management
- Assist in design staffing and allocation on design-led product initiatives, and partner with design leadership to plan, prioritize, and present work to the company
- Assist in refining and harmonizing the design process across all of our product pillars
- At least 6 years of Design Ops / Program Management experience on a product design team, or equivalent experience as a Producer or Executive Producer at a design agency
- Demonstrated program and project management skills – you possess masterful organizational and execution ability
- Solid understanding of product design teams and process, including discovery/research, exploration, iteration, and delivery
- Adept at building lasting, high-quality working relationships with designers, product managers, and engineers
- Demonstrated experience developing OKRs, pipelines for sharing and critiquing design work, and executive design reviews
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills